planting time

This is a PUBLIC forum for club related questions and other topics of interest to Ducks Everywhere and our guests. Messages in this forum may be viewed by anyone, and posts may be made by anyone who registers as a member or guest.
David Langford
Former DE Member ('08 - '12)

planting time

Post by David Langford »

i think joe brought his pickles too see if we liked them so he would know how many hills to plant- i say 3 extra just for DE them sho was good pickles- best ever- i CAN ALMOST taste them what hat do you wear for gardening- just curious :) :)
yall been here long or just gettin in
hang on boys were gona crash
Joe Despain
Staff ('08 - Present)

Re: planting time

Post by Joe Despain »

straw- wif da green visor, just like papa-joe usta wear, gonna wait this rain out this weekend! after 2 tillers that were pretty much a low rate hoe job, i succesfully broke er to china today!! went ahead with da maters, they can take it. gots da seeds soakin in dat special soakin seasoning, i can smell the dill n garlic now!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa smells good!!
Brent Bryant
Founding Owner ('93 - Present)
Location: Jonesboro, AR during season; Springdale, AR the rest of the time

Post by Brent Bryant »

I hope you planted a few of them jalapeno plants to spice 'em up. Them's my favorites! :P
David Langford

Post by David Langford »

shouldve known what the hat was goana be :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Joe Despain
Staff ('08 - Present)

Post by Joe Despain »

today the okra and peppers got to the dirt, along wif a few onions! they got a home in a mason jar just waitin and dont know it! does anyone know how hard it is to find onion plants this time o yr. ? old timers done gots em up and runnin, you know to go wif dem crappies they dun put up in da milk jugs. went to 3 stores today and got 1 bundle. picked thru 3 boxs and wouldnt bring any others home.
David Langford

Post by David Langford »

snooze for one second -them old hands aint got nothing else to do but corner,deplete ,exploit,over buy,over plant the onion market-if not that they block the boat ramp so you cant go- im almost there cant wait till im retired-i,ll buy onions by the semi load just cause i wanted to :P :P :)
Joe Despain
Staff ('08 - Present)

Post by Joe Despain »

cow farmer told me he was in the wrong buisness,went to da sto,picked up 4 videalia's, bill came to $10.00,, thats 20 bits a stinkin onion!! he said they sho gonna taste good laid up on that steak i'm cookin tonight!! we dont get blowed away this wekend, i'll finish plantin mid-to-end of next week.
David Langford

Post by David Langford »

been in the cow business-he aint lieing about it being wrong-they eat alot crap alot kick alot go where they want to alot lay down and die-in general disrespect the human race--but thet do taste good-then they cause high cholestrol and kill us that way--think ill kill all of i see --its : my way to save fellow mankind :x :x
Joe Despain
Staff ('08 - Present)

Post by Joe Despain »

bee-branch boy's still got a house? flood your garden's? we got plenty o rain but dodged all the bad weather! wont be watering for a while fo- sho!!
David Langford

Post by David Langford »

missed by a hair but good as a mile not much rain-fraidey hole on the way-nuffs enuff :!: :!:
Richie Foster
Founding Owner ('93 - Present)

Post by Richie Foster »

Just got back from a 3 day vacation.Dont look like its rained at my place since I left.Watered the garden this morning got pickles tomatoes and peppers and squash bout ready to pick........... ;)
They say a little hard work never hurt anybody. Im just not willin to take that chance.
Joe Despain
Staff ('08 - Present)

Post by Joe Despain »

yea me too. its hot though, i cant even keep ice on my buur. is it me or has any body noticed that ice just dont stay froze like it used too? :?: bought a bag last sat morn, on the way home yest. from St. the louie all that shizit was gone!! turned into water i'm tellin ya. mabye it's just me. did i ever tell anyone i miss my avitar?
David Langford

Post by David Langford »

i dont know if its the ice are or the coolers but it aint what it used to be for sure- ivebeenfreezing my on in jugs 2 dollars for half froze water just dont work :!:
David Langford

Post by David Langford »

whered ya go on vacation ithought season was open and id missed opening day didnt know people had vacation outside of duck season :)
Joe Despain
Staff ('08 - Present)

Post by Joe Despain »

went to the ballgame,won it in the 11th, i left after the 9th cause they quit sellin the kinda refreshments i like at the end of the 7th!! :lol: left there went to the arch to have the boy wonder have a look-see around. he said he figured he was so far up that bird's couldnt fly that high!! :roll: i told him that if they would open that little window, me n him would just fly back over to our room.he said hollar at that man n get em to, and we'd try it :shock: i told him my wings hadent come in yet, and i was kinda tired anyway. so he said mabye next time. :lol: we went to six-flags sun. me and him rode some shit i shouldnt have gotten on, but you only live once or twice!! funny tho, have you ever seen a 6 yr. old so scared he couldnt even scream. boy i did!! :o :shock: :? we got on an inner tube, went down a chute and came out into a big bowl and up so far on the side i thought we were gonna tip over, then back down-n-up the other side a couple times. schew what a ride!! he said daddy; i dont wanna ride that again, :lol: i of course said are u sure, he said no-way!! we had an awsome time even though mama went wif us. had a balcony to our room; 20th floor. nice veiw of the river and market skreet. while i had a cigar on the porch, boy-wonder holler-ed at the passer-bys, HEY<YOU SUCK!! HEEEYYYYYY YOOOUUU SUUUCK!! good times indeed. then he get's the bright idea to through one of my refreshment bottles at some bodys dogs taaken a crap on the lawn down below!! that girl didnt like it very well and lets just say mama wasnt very happy either to say the least!! then we get home and he ratt's me out to me-maw sayin i put him up to it!! ; now back to the ice, i figured it was the St. louis type of ice. so i did a test run on some arkie-land ice today. poor quality all the way around. Boy's they just aint makin it like they used to. i think it used to be thicker or somethin? :mrgreen: bet you can thank Al Gore for that. you know global warming and all!! and about that Al Gore; musta not been no warming in his bedroom;
David Langford

Post by David Langford »

thats cold-the al gore thing-you jonesburings get to go on lots of vacations-wish the misses wouldve stayed home ;) :D