Gun oil?

This is a PUBLIC forum for club related questions and other topics of interest to Ducks Everywhere and our guests. Messages in this forum may be viewed by anyone, and posts may be made by anyone who registers as a member or guest.
Brent Bryant
Founding Owner ('93 - Present)
Location: Jonesboro, AR during season; Springdale, AR the rest of the time

Gun oil?

Post by Brent Bryant »

I need some and I remember Kyle talking about a product he really liked. Or was that a gun cleaner? :?

What do y'all recommend. I've always just used Rem Oil, but it seems to gum up, so I'm looking for a good dry lube of some kind. (Good grief! I can almost hear y'all counting the seams on that one! :lol: )
J.D. Hurst
Friend of D.E.

Re: Gun oil?

Post by J.D. Hurst »

Brent try G96. A friend of mine from Kansas City told me about it. He managed a hunting store for 15-20 years and said that it was the only chemical that they put on their guns. It is petroleum free so it doesn't gum up in cold weather. I used it this past hunting season & never had a problem. Good luck finding it though, every place I went to that carried it was sold out except for a gunsmith shop in OKC & they only had one can left. If you find some grab me a couple cans & I'll pay you back.
Kyle Anderson

Post by Kyle Anderson »

tri-lube you can buy it at hardware store.
Brent Bryant
Founding Owner ('93 - Present)
Location: Jonesboro, AR during season; Springdale, AR the rest of the time

Post by Brent Bryant »

We really need a spell-checker on this forum. I believe it is spelled t-r-y. And for what it's worth, we've been recommending that to members for years. ;)

But what about the gun oil?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kyle Anderson

Post by Kyle Anderson »

well it is really called tri-flow lithium based product that works great