duck tacos

This is a PUBLIC forum for club related questions and other topics of interest to Ducks Everywhere and our guests. Messages in this forum may be viewed by anyone, and posts may be made by anyone who registers as a member or guest.
Chet Taylor
Friend of D.E.

duck tacos

Post by Chet Taylor »

Well fellas i was given a "good" recipe for some duck barbacoa tacos,, so i seasoned em up and slow cooked em in the crock pot came home to a damn good smellin house,,,, sat down with my first taco and damn near ralphed all over myself,,, safe to say either Langford jipped me on a bag of ducks and gave me all Smilers or the vatos at work played a good one on the gringo. Took the dog 10 minutes of thinkin if he wanted to try em...
Damn ninjas was everywhere

Tommorrow is bring your own tree day,, at the break
David Langford
Former DE Member ('08 - '12)

Re: duck tacos

Post by David Langford »

got a recipe for muskrat fajitas-u want to try it :?: :P
yall been here long or just gettin in
hang on boys were gona crash
Dennis Farlin

Post by Dennis Farlin »

I wondered how long it would take for someone to really try to eat that shit. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's a tweebweaker ; chut em Liz chut em
Money well spent Jake --Both times
Todd Teets
Former DE member ('09 - '11)

Post by Todd Teets »

Heard about this one today, Chet...

This should be done with whole birds with skin on.

Cut out the back bone and break the wishbones in the bird so it lays flat.

In a bowl of soy sauce "wash" the duck so it gets coated, take out and place breast side down. Liberally, and I mean coat, the inside of the bird in beaumonde (or celery salt), onion salt, garlic salt and regular salt (I like to use kosher salt). It should be absolutely coated in the salts, you can't put too much on it. Flip it over and repeat on the breast side. You want a really hot grill for this with a section to move the birds to so they can have indirect heat. Place the birds breast side down on the hottest part of the grill. You want to cook it until the skin looks charred. Be careful as the fat from the ducks will start a grease fire. If this is happening put the lid on to knock the fires down. Once the breast side looks burnt, flip it to the cavity side and cook until it looks the same. I then move them to the outside of the grill so they get indirect heat. breast side down first and then flip. Cooking times depends on the size of the ducks and how hot the fire is. When they are done, take a beer (I prefer to use a good cheap coors light or budweiser) shake it up and spray the birds down so you wash some of the salt off of them. Be careful as you can get steam burns doing this. Flip them and cover for a few minutes. Repeat with the other side. Once you pull them out let them rest for about 5 minutes to soak the juices back up before cutting them open.

This is called mexican style duck and is awesome........
Joe Despain
Staff ('08 - Present)

Post by Joe Despain »

that's wasting buur !! sound's decent though... :?:
Chet Taylor
Friend of D.E.

Post by Chet Taylor »

Teets i would try that but Texas is goin for a world record of burn ban days,,,, 500 dollars if i was to get caught grillin,,,, been 3 weeks straight and my pasture is still full of smoke
Damn ninjas was everywhere

Tommorrow is bring your own tree day,, at the break
Stuart MacDiarmid
Former DE Member ('06 - '12)

Post by Stuart MacDiarmid »

Chet I gotta tell ya.....about half the shit the vatos eat is fantastic and the other half I wouldn't feed to Langford....er uh...my dog.
"Eh...you guys by any chance shoot any of dem dere green wing teals?"
"Well...its got a little swaggle to it!"
"Hey you dang woodchucks..........quit chuckin' my wood!"
"....where you boys been huntin'?.............(chirp chirp.......#returns to chips and salsa)..."
Dennis Farlin

Post by Dennis Farlin »

Do u salt it right before u eat it ---- or after ????
It's a tweebweaker ; chut em Liz chut em
Money well spent Jake --Both times