'09 - '10 recap (w/pix)

This is a PUBLIC forum for club related questions and other topics of interest to Ducks Everywhere and our guests. Messages in this forum may be viewed by anyone, and posts may be made by anyone who registers as a member or guest.
Brent Bryant
Founding Owner ('93 - Present)
Location: Jonesboro, AR during season; Springdale, AR the rest of the time

'09 - '10 recap (w/pix)

Post by Brent Bryant »

My goal is to give a brief recap of the year each season and hit on a few of the more memorable moments throughout the season and hope that a few other club members will do the same. Unfortunately, I've waited so long this year, that I've already forgot more than I remember about the season. Maybe that says something about the quality of the season overall! :roll: We all know that we had more water than has been seen since Noah and ducks were spread further and wider than my first wife's ass. Nonetheless, we had our share of good hunts thoughout the season. As if all the water wasn't enough to shake things up, we had more ice to deal with this year than I can remember since the 2000-2001 season, I think it was. The key this year was to scout, hit, and run. Unlike in years past, the ducks just didn't hang around any one spot for long after getting hit given all of their options. It seems every year that we have one field that stands out and holds ducks way more than any other. This year, the award goes to the "bean" field. As in several years past, it seemed to hold at least a decent number of ducks all year long and given the poor conditions on the other fields this year, that put it head and shoulders above the rest. Evergreen did okay this year and Lonnies even had some good days. On the other end of the spectrum, the disced up, barren corner and booger bear were all but worthless this year. It's funny how things change from one year to the next. Those two fields have been our best performers more often than not, but they were far from it this year. I think we were all glad to see the Peabody step back up as a good producer this year. It was odd to see the field to the north struggle for ducks this year while a field to the south of us sounded like it stepped up. These are just some of the examples of what has us and most folks we know calling this the strangest year we can remember. As far as the number of ducks killed, it was easily our worst year ever given the number of members we had.

With all of that said, it may sound like it was a crappy year. It was actually far from it. As you can see from the pictures below, we had a lot of great hunts. When you consider the pictures that I don't have and the hunts that weren't captured at all, it really starts to take shape. The greatest thing about this past season though was the group of guys we had. Everyone in the club got along great. There was no drama, no stress, and there were plenty of good times had by all. Usually, I am ready for a break by the time season wraps up, but I was just as excited about hunting at the end of season this year as I was early on. I can't wait to do it again and I look forward to seeing everyone back next season.

Belt farm before season:

Evergreen:

At the Peabody:

Off Black River:

The Bean Field:

The Tims farm:

Farlin’s swimming hole! (aka, “We got this!”):

A classic “bird-a-minute” hunt:

This is the day Richie learned that ducks can see. (It’s okay, Rich, Lank and I will let it go someday – haha):

Another hunt at the Bean field:

And of course, we can’t forget the all-important, hard-working work days!:

Looking back, about all we were really missing this year was about twice as many ducks - or half as much water! :roll: :lol:
Brent Bryant
Founding Owner ('93 - Present)
Location: Jonesboro, AR during season; Springdale, AR the rest of the time

Re: '09 - '10 recap (w/pix)

Post by Brent Bryant »

bump