Snow Goose Hunt (w/pix) (2/20 - 21)

This is a PUBLIC forum for club related questions and other topics of interest to Ducks Everywhere and our guests. Messages in this forum may be viewed by anyone, and posts may be made by anyone who registers as a member or guest.
Stuart MacDiarmid
Former DE Member ('06 - '12)

Snow Goose Hunt (w/pix) (2/20 - 21)

Post by Stuart MacDiarmid »

I am going to head over Thursday morning to reak havoc on the snow goose population. I will be scouting and possibly killing snows Thursday afternoon. If we can find a good spot I am seriously thinking about setting up and trying to decoy 'em Friday morning. I know Eddie is planning on partaking so if anyone else is interested let me know. You are all welcome.
"Eh...you guys by any chance shoot any of dem dere green wing teals?"
"Well...its got a little swaggle to it!"
"Hey you dang woodchucks..........quit chuckin' my wood!"
"....where you boys been huntin'?.............(chirp chirp.......#returns to chips and salsa)..."
Richie Foster
Founding Owner ('93 - Present)

Re: Snow Goose Hunt

Post by Richie Foster »

Went to Little Rock yesterday and saw a pretty good number of geese south of the Corner didnt see any till we got to that area.Saw good numbers from there to the white river.I am leaving Thurs. morning going to Miss.to a coon hunt unless the creek rises.
They say a little hard work never hurt anybody. Im just not willin to take that chance.
Stuart MacDiarmid
Former DE Member ('06 - '12)

Post by Stuart MacDiarmid »

Brent will be coming over Thursday and staying through Saturday at least. Me, Joe, Brent, and Eddie will be doing what we can to keep the snow goose population down :x . If the hunting is decent and the snows are still around he may stay til sunday. Brent wanted me to let everyone know that if any of you want to come up and get a needed work day in then there is still plenty to do. Just give him a call. Once again, you are all welcome to come chase snow too.

Stu 8-)
"Eh...you guys by any chance shoot any of dem dere green wing teals?"
"Well...its got a little swaggle to it!"
"Hey you dang woodchucks..........quit chuckin' my wood!"
"....where you boys been huntin'?.............(chirp chirp.......#returns to chips and salsa)..."
Todd Teets
Former DE member ('09 - '11)

Post by Todd Teets »

Well, how was it?
"They take 15 yards to get on plane, but, once the boat breaks over, "sit down, hold on, shut up, and don't scream like a girl".
Brent Bryant
Location: Jonesboro, AR during season; Springdale, AR the rest of the time

Post by Brent Bryant »

I've had worst. The funny thing is that I almost missed out on the whole she-bang. I rolled into NEA Thursday afternoon, as did Stu. He drove in from the north of our "territory" and I came in from the south. Neither of us saw anything to get excited about. It just so happened that JD was going up that afternoon to fly anyway, so we met him at the airport and went for a quick spin and still failed to find anything to make us want to get up early the next day. By the time we enjoyed some fine dining at the Chef's Inn, Stu headed home and I almost did, before finally convincing myself to check an area on the way home where we saw some geese the day before. I don't know how we missed them all before or where they came from, but all of a sudden, there were geese everywhere. Of course by the time I got in the area the sun was setting and it was dang near too late to do anything. I had left myself just enough time to cross a ditch crawl 10 yards and shoot some on the edge of range. Timber just picked up 11 but it was enough to convince me to stay a couple more days. :D

The next a.m. Joe and I went back over to Pitts and set up on as easy of a stalk as you could ever hope for. We hit the field with a couple of other guys who arrived the same time we did and the four of us picked up 77.

We ended up teaming up with those guys for the rest of the day and when it was all said and done picked up 164.

We should have hit the the birds harder, but an eagle messed us up on one when it flushed the birds, and a farmer with a need to quickly "get his boy on some birds" messed us up on another. The other two jumps were just simply on birds that were either thin or just not quite close enough for big numbers. The next morning, I headed back home but got side-tracked when I drove past a field that looked WAY too good to pass up. 10 rounds of HeviShot B and about 3 heart attacks later, I picked up 67 birds, including one band. I was a good day.

Brent Bryant
Location: Jonesboro, AR during season; Springdale, AR the rest of the time

Re: Snow Goose Hunt (w/pix) (2/20 - 21)

Post by Brent Bryant »

bump