Wader repair

This is a PUBLIC forum for club related questions and other topics of interest to Ducks Everywhere and our guests. Messages in this forum may be viewed by anyone, and posts may be made by anyone who registers as a member or guest.
Brent Bryant
Founding Owner ('93 - Present)
Location: Jonesboro, AR during season; Springdale, AR the rest of the time

Wader repair

Post by Brent Bryant »

Well I just got off the phone with a guy at Macks talking about waders (turns out mine are a year out of warranty) and he told me that "Aqua Seal" (white tube/blue letters) is the way to go on wader repair because it retains its elasticity (unlike Shoe Goo that I've been using).

Have any of you ever tried it? What did you think?
Justin Smith

Re: Wader repair

Post by Justin Smith »

I tried Aqua Seal a few years ago with a patch and after a few hunts the patch came off. I then went back to the trusty Shoe Goo and it has held ever since. It may have just been that I didn't let the aqua seal set long enough the first time after application(it set for 15 hours) or I may have not put it on thick enough.
Brent Bryant
Founding Owner ('93 - Present)
Location: Jonesboro, AR during season; Springdale, AR the rest of the time

Post by Brent Bryant »

Were you working on the neoprene or the rubber boot?
Justin Smith

Post by Justin Smith »

It was on neoprene that I tried the Aqua Seal Patch. I have never tried any of the Aqua Seal on the boot before, I have always went straight for the Shoe Goo on any boot patching.
J.D. Hurst
Friend of D.E.

Post by J.D. Hurst »

Brent you might try a scuba shop. I know JT Dive Shop (870)935-3289 here in j-boogie does wader repair. If you didn't want to take em up there then you might just call & ask what they use. Ask for Terry Sharp thats the owner.