Club Dove Hunt

This is a PUBLIC forum for club related questions and other topics of interest to Ducks Everywhere and our guests. Messages in this forum may be viewed by anyone, and posts may be made by anyone who registers as a member or guest.
Brent Bryant
Founding Owner ('93 - Present)
Location: Jonesboro, AR during season; Springdale, AR the rest of the time

Club Dove Hunt

Post by Brent Bryant »

Andy, Richie and I are planting a small wheat field in the middle of a corn field with an irrigation pivot next to it. The field also has a fencerow full of snags. Andy's been seeing good numbers of dove everytime he's driven down to the field (which is well out of the way and hidden) and I saw a bunch of dove on it when I was there. If you are interested in hunting it, please let us know. We are considering saving it until Sunday, and just hunt our usual "whereever the doves are" place Saturday morning. Club members will not be asked to chip in on the 2500 lbs of wheat (which is about the max we can put for a "normal agricultural practice"), but other guest will be expected to pay $25 - $50 depending on how many we have. Because it is a small field, we are expecting less than 10 hunters.

- Brent
Stuart MacDiarmid
Former DE Member ('06 - '12)

Re: Club Dove Hunt

Post by Stuart MacDiarmid »

I'm IN!! :x :x :x Kill 'em all!
"Eh...you guys by any chance shoot any of dem dere green wing teals?"
"Well...its got a little swaggle to it!"
"Hey you dang woodchucks..........quit chuckin' my wood!"
"....where you boys been huntin'?.............(chirp chirp.......#returns to chips and salsa)..."
David Langford
Former DE Member ('08 - '12)

Post by David Langford »

sounds good to me,ill have our stuff made and give it to you then stewart 'KILL EM ALL', thats right
yall been here long or just gettin in
hang on boys were gona crash
Brent Bryant

Post by Brent Bryant »

Andy called this a.m. and said it's on like Donkey Kong. T H I C K!

Bonus: We bought more seed than we could use, so he may be planting a second field this weekend. Can you say smackin' thier asses Saturday AND Sunday? Let's just hope the weather cooperates.
David Langford

Post by David Langford »

gona be like custards last stand for the doves,im ready to get rowdy and shoot something KILL EM ALL
yall been here long or just gettin in
hang on boys were gona crash
Stuart MacDiarmid
Former DE Member ('06 - '12)

Post by Stuart MacDiarmid »

I second that.
"Eh...you guys by any chance shoot any of dem dere green wing teals?"
"Well...its got a little swaggle to it!"
"Hey you dang woodchucks..........quit chuckin' my wood!"
"....where you boys been huntin'?.............(chirp chirp.......#returns to chips and salsa)..."
Brent Bryant

Post by Brent Bryant »

Andy called this a.m. about to crawl out of his britches he was so excited about the number of birds!
Brent Bryant

Post by Brent Bryant »

We do have a second field now. No word yet on how it looks, yet, but this does mean we will have a field for Saturday and Sunday. Depending on what we find, we may even shoot a cut field like we usually do and save both of these for Sunday and Monday. We'll just see how things look Friday and make that call then.

Andy expects 4 of them. Additionally, we have me, Richie, Stu, David and a guest and Dennis. Dennis may be bringing two guest with him if he have room. We are looking to have 8 to 12 hunters. We're at 10 without Dennis' possible guests. If any other members or friends of the club want to come, please speak up right away so Dennis will know whether or not to invite guests.
Dennis Farlin

Post by Dennis Farlin »

Brent, my guest aren't coming so it would just be me. Hope the info helps you.
It's a tweebweaker ; chut em Liz chut em
Money well spent Jake --Both times
Todd Teets
Former DE member ('09 - '11)

Post by Todd Teets »

Hope you guys had a good hunt.

I "hunted" for about 4 hours yesterday on a public DNR spot to get my limit, (and no, it didn't take that long because I couldn't shoot worth spit) and had a blast doing it.
"They take 15 yards to get on plane, but, once the boat breaks over, "sit down, hold on, shut up, and don't scream like a girl".
Brent Bryant

Post by Brent Bryant »

Our season opens Saturday this year,.

4 hours?!! :shock: I haven't spent a total of 4 hours shooting doves in the past 4 years! Damn Todd. I can sit on my front porch in town and kill a limit fast than that! :roll:

Are you sure you don't want a refund? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Todd Teets
Former DE member ('09 - '11)

Post by Todd Teets »

Brent, I got 2 buddies who paid $60 each to hunt some private land, were there for 3 hours, and only shot THREE DOVES A PIECE. :lol:

I think a lot of our birds headed South with the 40 degree nights we've had here for the past week.

I'm trying it again on Saturday. Maybe goose huntin' after that.
"They take 15 yards to get on plane, but, once the boat breaks over, "sit down, hold on, shut up, and don't scream like a girl".
Richie Foster

Post by Richie Foster »

Well the dove hunt didnt go so well.We had dove until some one baited a field near ours just a couple days before dove season as I understand it they got bout 40 tickets from mr green jeans. :mrgreen: I killed 8 or 9 the first day and 10 the second day and 12 today .Now Im ready for bow season.May try to go to Black River on a squirl hunt and see how bad the ice storm damage is.
They say a little hard work never hurt anybody. Im just not willin to take that chance.